25 minutes 2 individual servings
For the rest:
200 gr of cooked macaroni pasta
2 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs
- In a hot pan, add butter. As soon as it melts – add in the flour and whisk to combine into a paste (also known as roux).
- Cook the roux for about 1 minute and then add in the milk, whisking vigorously. Continue whisking and let it cook until it thickens – about 2 minutes.
- Now add in the grated cheese, take it off the heat and continue to mix/whisk until all incorporated and sauce is smooth.
- In the cheese mixture add the cooked macaroni and mix to combine and coat fully.
- Transfer to ramekins, top with breadcrumbs and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes – until the breadcrumbs become golden color.