Use this culture with soy milk and coconut milk primarily (before trying other non-dairy milks) to make a smooth, mild yogurt that’s better than store-bought. It is recommended to make your own milk to start off the initial culture. Plant milk’s do not thicken like animal milks so keep that in mind when you first start experimenting. If you don’t make your own milk, be sure to select a high protein, high calcium packaged milk with minimal additives.
- 4 packets of Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture. This is a direct-set culture – meaning each packet will only make one batch.
- Step-by-step instructions for using the culture can be found here.
Starter Culture Ingredients
- Rice maltodextrin, live active bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgaricus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients
Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.
- May contain trace amounts of soy: Soybeans are used as a fermentation nutrient.
Store the starter culture in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to activate it. Use the starter culture by the date on the bag.
Cultures for Health was founded upon the pursuit of sustainable living and a deeper understanding of traditionally prepared foods that are extremely nourishing. We believe everyone’s life can be improved by adding more homemade probiotics from cultured and fermented foods to their diet. Our goal is to provide all of the products, information, inspiration, and support you need to become an expert cultured and fermented foods maker yourself. We believe anyone can do it and delight in the outcome!