Camu Camu is a low-growing shrub found throughout the Amazon rain forests of Peru and Brazil. It produces a lemon sized, light orange to purplish red fruit with yellow pulp. This fruit is packed with more natural vitamin C than any other food source recorded on the planet!
- Camu Camu has astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, emollient and nutritional properties.
- In comparison to oranges, Camu Camu provides 30-50 times more vitamin C, ten times more iron, three times more niacin, twice as much riboflavin, and 50% more phosphorus.
- Vitamin C is needed for the health of your eyes, skin, hair, and nails (natural beauty booster)
- It’s an antioxidant that protects your body from free radical damage, protects liver and other inflammatory responses
- It protects your body against viruses, cancer, and cardiovascular disease (immunity booster)
- Benefits the elderly as part of a daily regimen
Ingredients: Organic Camu Camu Berry
Usage: It is very tangy so use 1/4 -1/2 tsp in liquids, smoothies, marinades, sauces, seasonings and baked goods
Store: In airtight container in cool pantry or fridge, definitely away from heat sources
Skincare: Make a facial serum with 2 Tsp Camu Camu + 2 Tsp vegetable glycerin + 4 Tsp aloe gel. Store in airtight container in fridge for use over 3 days. Use 2-4 drops on the face before applying moisturizer. Don’t make a big batch because Vit C degrades rather quickly. You can also add it to your lotions!
Allergy caution: Packaged in a Facility That Also Processes Tree Nuts and Wheat
Food to Live was created to give people easy access to delicious and healthy foods. We offer a wide range of natural, organic, and raw foods that would be a great addition to any diet. We choose the products that can really make a positive impact on the body, such as dried fruits, nuts, seeds, spices, and legumes.Our biggest wish is to help both the people and the planet, so all our products are grown using advanced farming practices. We also offer a range of USDA certified organic products of the highest quality. At Food to Live, we strive to better ourselves every day, expanding our product range and improving our services to ensure every customer receives the highest level of care.