Baobab is the exceptional superfruit of Africa’s ‘Tree of Life’. It is a tree native to certain regions of Africa (esp Madagascar), Arabia and Australia. It is highly nutritious and different parts of the plant supply varying amounts of vitamins and minerals. It has a lemon-citrusy taste and is a refreshing addition to your beverages!
- High in Vitamin C (immunity), Vitamin B6, Niacin, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium
- Great source of soluble fiber which aids in curbing cravings and promote feelings of fullness
- May help slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, which can prevent spikes and crashes in blood sugar and stabilize levels long term
- Helps decrease levels of inflammation and oxidative stress in the body
- Optimizes digestive health by relieving chronic constipation, improving intestinal ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease(IBD/IBS) and hemorrhoids when taken daily as part of a healthy lifestyle
- Acts as a prebiotic and feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut, optimizing the health of your gut microbiome
- Add to baked goods, especially breads, to increase the fiber content
- Sprinkle onto Iron-rich foods (pairing iron with vitamin C increases absorption of Iron from food)
Ingredients: 100% Baobab Powder
Usage: 1 tsp per day dissolved in about 250 ml of water, juice, smoothies or in oatmeal/porridge.
Provisions General Store was founded by sisters Nancy and Susie Kinyanjui, who are based in Nairobi and share a passion for natural and useful finds. The team at Provisions is excited to offer artisan products sourced locally. With a focus on family and building community, we believe that the best products are home grown.