Gum Arabic is a dried exudate obtained from the stems and branches of Acacia senegal (L.) Willdenow or closely related species of Acacia (fam. Leguminosae). Acacia Senegal, also known as gum arabic, acacia fiber or acacia gum, is the ground and powdered form of the hardened sap made by the Acacia tree. Rich in soluble fibers, Acacia fiber dissolves in liquids and forms a gel-like substance in the intestines.
- Food-based prebiotic that can nourish the beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract, particularly of the lactic acid group such as bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
- Good source of soluble fiber, which can help you feel “full” during weight management
- Relieves chronic constipation gently, when taken daily as part of a healthy lifestyle
- For kidney disease patients, it helps them to get enough energy from their food
- Great for baking – adding this powder to baked goods to help rise and increase the fiber content, but it will not alter the flavor since it is tasteless
- Cocktails – adds body to thicken simple syrup for cocktails
- Confectionery glazes – it is used to prevent or retard the crystallization of sugar and as an stabilizer, emulsifier and thickening agent in icing, fillings, soft candy and chewing gum
Ingredients: 100% acacia fiber (from Marsabit)
Usage: 1 tsp per day dissolved in about 250ml of water, juice or added to smoothies. Start gradually then increase to 1 -2 Tbsp per day. Be sure to drink additional liquids throughout the day!
Solubility: One gram dissolves in 2 ml of water forming a solution which flows readily
Provisions General Store was founded by sisters Nancy and Susie Kinyanjui, who are based in Nairobi and share a passion for natural and useful finds. The team at Provisions is excited to offer artisan products sourced locally. With a focus on family and building community, we believe that the best products are home grown.