Moringa is made from the dried leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree, grown by permaculture farms in Makueni. Moringa has been used for centuries for it’s medicinal and health benefits. Moringa is used in India and Africa in feeding programs to fight malnutrition because it’s leaves retain lots of vitamins and minerals even when dried. The powder has a mild flavor with a slightly earthy taste!
- It has antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiviral properties
- Rich in various antioxidants, including quercetin and chlorogenic acid. Moringa leaf powder can increase blood antioxidant levels
- Can lower your cholesterol levels, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Powders made from its crushed leaves are packed with protein—3 grams of protein per tablespoon, in fact—and have a leg up on legumes because they contain all the essential amino acids, necessary for muscle repair, energy production, and mood regulation.
- Moringa has also been linked to improved thyroid health, which controls women’s hormones related to energy, sleep, and digestion.
- Can be blended into smoothies, juices and porridge. Infused into oatmeal, hummus and guacamole. Sprinkled into soups and salads. Dusted on top of your avocado toast or sweet potato toast. Baked into muffins and zucchini bread, or mixed into your favorite energy balls!
Ingredients: 100% Pure Moringa
Usage: 1 tsp daily
Provisions General Store was founded by sisters Nancy and Susie Kinyanjui, who are based in Nairobi and share a passion for natural and useful finds. The team at Provisions is excited to offer artisan products sourced locally. With a focus on family and building community, we believe that the best products are home grown.