Golden milk is a healthy drink made from heating milk with a turmeric based powder. This supercharged powder contains other beneficial spices which increase its nutritional profile. In India, golden milk is often used as a home remedy against colds. In fact, the yellow drink is touted for its immune-boosting properties. All spices in this mix act synergistically for maximum benefit!
- Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its strong antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help protect cells from damage, fight off disease and infections and contribute to your overall health.
- Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, the main ingredients in golden milk, have strong anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce inflammation and joint pain.
- Cinnamon and ginger may lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity
- Ginger and turmeric may help relieve indigestion. Turmeric may also help relieve symptoms in people with ulcerative colitis
- Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb. It’s classified as an adaptogen, meaning that it can help your body manage stress, benefits for your body and brain, lower blood sugar and cortisol levels, and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression. Due to its high concentration of withanolides, which have been shown to fight inflammation and tumor growth
- Reishi is the “Queen of Mushrooms”. Beta glucans, polysaccharides present in reishi, have demonstrated antitumor and immunostimulating activities
Ingredients: Turmeric, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Ashwagandha, Reishi Mushrooms, Baobab Powder
Usage: 1 tsp per day into heated milk, along with a pinch of black pepper. Note: Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine, a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2,000%!
Provisions General Store was founded by sisters Nancy and Susie Kinyanjui, who are based in Nairobi and share a passion for natural and useful finds. The team at Provisions is excited to offer artisan products sourced locally. With a focus on family and building community, we believe that the best products are home grown.