Gluten powder (also known as vital wheat gluten or wheat gluten) is a versatile baking ingredient, which is made from almost pure gluten. Rob’s best Vital Wheat Gluten is carefully selected from mills producing only the best quality ingredients to give you the perfect bake every time! As vital wheat gluten is so high is gluten, it is added to baking recipes to improve elasticity of the dough and aids the rising process. It is often recommended that gluten powder is added with low protein flours, like wheat or rye which do not produce much gluten. It can also be added to recipes where there is a lot of added extra like seeds, nuts and dried fruits.
- Gluten powder is a versatile baking ingredient for making bread, cakes, tarts, pastries and desserts of all kinds
- A natural and very effective raising agent, helping your bread fill out perfectly and evenly. Especially useful for baking with whole wheat grains and ‘alternative’ flours where a strong structure is needed
- Specially milled wheat flour which is high in gluten and low in starch
- Concentrated wheat protein that possesses a special visco-elastic property
- Used to make a vegetarian and vegan meat substitute known as seitan
Ingredients: Vital Wheat GLUTEN
Country of Origin: Sweden
Bread Usage: To help bread to rise and improve texture and elasticity add 1 tablespoon per cup of flour in recipes. Vegan Mock Meats: Recipe included on back of package
Rob’s best mill carefully select the product from trusted mills thereby producing the best in quality for all their products. Other products include Gluten Free Traditional Oats, Wholegrain Oat Flour, Baking Soda, Teff Flour and Quick cooking porridge oats.