Ashwagandha powder is made from the root of the Ashwagandha plant, which has been used as a traditional Ayurvedic remedy for thousands of years. The Ashwagandha plant (Withania somnifera) is a member of the nightshade family, which is native to dry regions of India and often known as ‘Indian ginseng’. Ashwagandha gets its name from the Sanskrit words ‘ashva’, which means horse and ‘gandha’, which means smell. Ashwagandha has been used in both Ayurvedic and traditional African medicine to treat a variety of conditions for thousands of years.
Has a bitter/sweet flavour, perfect in smoothies and protein drinks and an ideal superfood ingredient in all of your favourite sweet and savoury raw food recipes.
- It’s an adaptogen, meaning that it can help your body manage stress.
- Limited evidence suggests that ashwagandha reduces blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin secretion and sensitivity
- Withaferin, a bioactive compound in ashwagandha, promotes the death of tumor cells and may be effective against several types of cancer
- May help reduce cortisol levels in chronically stressed individuals
- Ashwagandha helps increase testosterone levels and significantly boosts sperm quality and fertility in men
- Increases muscle mass, reduce body fat, and increase strength in men
- Ashwagandha has been shown to increase natural killer cell activity and decrease markers of inflammation.
- supplements may improve brain function, memory, reaction time, and the ability to perform tasks
Ingredients: 100% Organic Ashwagandha powder
Usage: 1 teaspoon daily
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing
At Superfoodies our passion is to develop the nutritionally best food products in the world. And we want them to taste good, too. We believe that whatever your health goal is, you need to support that goal by providing every cell in your body what it truly needs. We’ve got your back. Nutritionally. We’ll make sure you give your body the right basis for the day. Every day. Our products feed every cell of your body with the highest quality organic (super)foods.