Muffins are so easy to put together and this recipe is no different! You can have these ready in 30 minutes so they are perfect for busy days. Chockful of superfoods, these are muffins you won’t hesitate to have in your home. Make them now!
Yield: 6 Large Muffins
Serving Size: 1 muﬃn (200g)
- 1 1⁄4 cups ﬂour
- 1 cup hemp hearts (hemp hearts can be toasted for a bolder flavor)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup cacoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 flax/chia egg replacement
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and place 6 liners into each well of your large size muffin baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop (about 5 oz per muffin) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. They will be nearly full. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Combine well the 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts with the 3 tablespoons of sugar. Divide equally over the 6 unbaked muffins, sprinkling the mixture over the top of the unbaked muffin.
Courtesy Manitoba Harvest